Life has been very very busy of late with our nobó ‘ice-cream‘ gathering pace. But we did have time to put these little babies together yesterday, and they’re perfect for keeping the energy levels ticking over when you’re running around the place (like a pair of lunatics in our case!). They really are super quick to make, delicious and packed full of healthy goodness! get stuck in!
apri-coconut almond bars
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots (we used unsulphured apricots which is why ours came out darker in colour)
- 1/2 cup raw organic almonds
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- pinch of sea salt
- 20 grams dark 70% chocolate, melted (we added a couple of tablespoons of nobó almond mylk to make a more fudgey ‘milk’ chocolate)
- parchment/ greaseproof paper
- baking pan
– line your baking tin with parchment paper, leaving an inch overhang on all sides.
– in a blender or food processor, pulse apricots, almonds, coconut, and a pinch of salt until finely ground.
– transfer mix to tin and press firmly to form a rectangle.
– drizzle or spread melted chocolate and sprinkle with some coconut. (you could also sprikle with some sea salt if you like a sweet/salty combination)
– pop in the fridge to firm up.
– once firm (or when you are ready to eat them) use the parchment overhang to remove from pan.
– slice into bars or smaller square pieces and enjoy!
– store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
These are on the sweet side so a little goes a long way and you may want to keep the squares small! You can also experiment with adding any other seeds you want, just mix them in your pulsed mix for some crunch.