We’ve been swooning over all the lovely pancake recipes appearing on blogs and instagram. This is our take for those looking to celebrate pancake Tuesday without the wheat and dairy. These sweet potato variety have become a staple in our house and really hit the spot without the guilt. We spotted a similar recipe on Holly Carpenters blog which look equally yummy and you can check out here.
Sweet Potato & Blueberry Pancakes (gluten free and dairy free)
Makes about 7/8 medium pancakes
- 3 organic, free range eggs
- 1 medium sweet potato – mashed without skin (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 heaped tablespoon ground almond
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (gluten free)
- coconut oil – for frying
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries or thawed frozen
- Suggested Toppings: Nobó Fresh Lemon dairy free ice cream, honey and extra blueberries
Make the batter – Mash sweet potato. Beat eggs in a bowl with ground almonds, baking powder and cinnamon and add mashed sweet potato. The batter works best if its smooth so if you have a hand blender it will create a nice smooth batter, otherwise whisk until lump free.
Heat a frying pan with a little coconut oil. Pour a small amount of batter (about 1/3 cup) onto heated pan, once bubbles start to appear add a couple of blueberries, before flipping. Cook until golden brown.
Serve in a stack with a scoop of Nobó, a drizzle of honey and some extra blueberries scattered on top.
Enjoy and have a happy pancake Tuesday!
Rachel & Brian