We love cookie sandwiches and have posted a few on our Instagram over the last couple of months like these chocolate dipped cashew butter cookies with our Vanilla & Coconut. We really wanted to try some using our Chocolate flavour and thought a chewy gingerbread might work a treat! The recipe for the cookies is gluten free (thanks to the use of buckwheat flour) and vegan. If you want a fully vegan version I think they would work perfectly with our Irish Salted Caramel flavour too!
Gingerbread (GF/DF) Nobó Cookie Sandwich
- 1 & 1/4 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Nobó chocolate & toasted almond frozen goodness
– Preheat oven to 175c and line a large baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
– Mix flax and water in a small bowl and set aside for a few minutes.
– In a large mixing bowl, beat together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, molasses, maple syrup, vanilla, and flax mixture until smooth.
– In the same bowl, add in the dry ingredients one at a time (ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and flour) until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
– Refridgerate for about 20mins – you can skip this but it’s harder to roll the dough.
– Portion up the dough into small balls and roll in a bowl of coconut sugar (optional).
– Carefully flatten ball slightly with hand and leave space between them.
– Cool on a cookie tray before sandwiching with a scoop of chocolate frozen goodness between.