Serves: This recipe makes 9 blondie squares
110g of coconut oil
110g coconut palm sugar
1 vanilla pod
100g coconut yoghurt
2tblsp of honey or maple syrup
250g of rice flour (other flours work well too!)
2 tsp of gluten free baking powder
100ml coconut milk or almond milk
100g dark chocolate (I used conscious chocolate)
1. Melt the coconut oil over a low heat and then coconut sugar with the coconut oil until light.
2. Add the vanilla pod, honey (or maple syrup) and yoghurt.
3. Add the flour and baking powder.
4.Once incorporated add the milk.
5. Add the broken pieces of chocolate.
6. Put in a lined, square baking tin and flatten with wet finger tips.
7. Put in an oven at Gas 5 (190 degrees c) for 40 minutes.
When the blondies are taken out of the over it is best to leave them sit for a few minute. Cut into 9 squares and serve warm with some nobó frozen goodness of your choice.
Rachel is a chef at The Pepperpot Café in Dublin. Rachel loves all things food and has recently cut out dairy from her diet. Like ourselves, Rachel likes to come up with new and exciting recipes using more healthy and nutritious ingredients. Check out Rachel’s own Instagram account for some great ideas.