This banana bread is such a handy little recipe. There are so many different things you can add to this recipe. Bulk the recipe up with loads of colourful fruit or dark choc chips depending on whether you plan on yours being a treat, a snack or breakfast. Today I have chosen some gorgeous ripe mango and it tastes so good!
4 ripe bananas
1 cup of full fat coconut milk
2 cups of ground almonds
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chopped ripe mango
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Place the bananas in a blender with 2 table spoons of coconut milk and blend it until smooth
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the mango into the blender and blend until completely smooth and runny
- Rub some coconut oil on the inside of a baking try to line it and stop the banana bread from sticking
- Pour the mix into the baking tray
- Chop the mango into little chunks and place randomly in the mix
- Sprinkle the desiccated coconut on top of the mix
- Place in the oven
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes after you take it out of the oven
- Slice into generous slices and enjoy with some Nobó frozen goodness or some tea of coffee as breakfast or a snack. YUM!
Extremely delicious warm with some almond butter..ENJOY!