I had to get this recipe up while the sun was shining. I made these pops last week using all my favourite summer ingredients. To me coconut and pineapple are a magical combination and taste of summer and sunshine. This is such a simple recipe which you could modify to suit your own favourite fruits and flavours. Great for parties, a fruity snack or to cool down on a gorgeous hot day like today.
This recipe makes 10 pops
2 ripe bananas
1/2 ripe avocado
2 cups of ripe pineapple chopped
1 cup good quality, full fat coconut milk
1/2 cup of fresh or frozen berries
(You will also need an ice pop mould and sticks or some empty yoghurt pots and sticks!)
- Take a few small pieces of pineapple and set them aside
- Place the rest of the pineapple, avocado, banana and coconut milk in the blender and blend until creamy
- Pour the mix into your ice pop moulds, filling it up about 3/4 of the way
- Place the berries and the pineapple you left aside in the blender and turn it on for a few seconds. You want the mixture to be slightly bitty!
- Pour this mix carefully into each pop and place the stick into the moulds
- Place the pops into the freezer and allow them to freeze for 4-6 hours
- You might need to run the mould under warm water to allow the pops to melt slightly on the outside so they come out without getting damaged
You could also add some sweetener (honey or maple syrup). I find the fruit is sweet enough but there is always the option!